If you are a UConn student looking for an entrepreneurial competition.
The UConn Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CCEI) Startup Challenge is a UConn student idea pitch competition and a traditional written business plan competition. CCEI hopes to offer this programming to help identify student entrepreneurs and bring them together, and to get them to think creatively about new business ideas.
Entries will be reviewed and judged by experienced professional entrepreneur mentors, and a maximum of 10 finalists will be selected to present their idea to the judging panel.
Total prize money to be awarded is $40,000 (1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and two honorable mentions).
- Competition runs from April through May.
- Applications must be submitted by the end of April (see site for exact dates).
- All entries must be submitted in electronic format.
- Three- to five-page business plan plus one appendix page.
- Entrants (or at least one team member) must be current UConn students, and the UConn student(s) must present the pitch. Non-UConn students will not be allowed to present.